The master’s in Mental Health will provide you with both a broad psychological knowledge base and a substantial amount of practical training, allowing you to meet all the criteria for a post-graduate mental health training programme and a career in general healthcare or mental healthcare. Many of our students also continue on to careers in scientific research.
Graduates of the Mental Health programme have a diverse range of career options available to them. They can pursue careers in:
- general healthcare or mental healthcare
- treatment and prevention
- planning and policymaking
Our master’s students have found positions at mental healthcare organisations, or pursue careers at universities and other reputable research institutes.
Alumni @ Work
Some former graduates have gone on to work as:
- professor in clinical psychology
- professor in health psychology
- associate professor in clinical psychology
- senior clinical psychologist
- senior psychotherapist
- healthcare psychologist
- junior psychologist