In both of these specialisations, you’ll:
- be confronted with real-world mental health problems
- gain insight into clinical intervention strategies and diagnostics
- develop scientific research skills
- can do an internship or take additional master classes
In the adult psychopathology specialisation:
- you’ll focus on the personality of adults and you’ll study the psychotic and somatoform disorders they struggle with.
- you’ll be familiarised with scientifically substantiated treatment methods and you’ll learn how you can detect and monitor disorders. People with borderline personality disorder, for example, were considered untreatable for a long time. Nowadays, we have effective treatment methods for these clients.
Psychopathology of children and adolescents
In the psychopathology of children and adolescents specialisation:
- you’ll study the developmental problems and disorders in children and adolescents by focussing on both internal and external factors. For children with ADHD, for example, both natural predisposition and nutrition are taken into consideration.
- you’ll gain in-depth knowledge of the many different mental health problems children and adolescents are confronted with. Emphasis of this programme is on behaviour. You’ll be familiarised with scientifically substantiated treatments and you’ll learn how to detect and monitor disorders.