Governmental, non-governmental and private organisations are increasingly faced with rapidly changing decision-making conditions. In a period where the information society is becoming more complex there will be an increasing need for generalists who are able to deal with our cultures of innovation in a reflexive and politically conscious way.
From all ESST graduates 90% is employed, 10% work as a PhD Candidate or have chosen to do a second master elsewhere.
Many ESST graduates find work in non-academic institutes, such as:
- Governmental agencies and NGOs (Analyst, Parliamentary Assistant)
- Advisory bodies, e.g. think tanks, health councils (Advisor)
- Private research institutes, e.g. sustainability centres (Policy Analyst, Research Assistant)
- Commercial companies or consultancies specialising in science and technology and innovation (Marketing and Communications, Business consultant)
Other graduates opt for an academic career.
Examples of companies and institutes where our graduates work:
- University of Edinburgh
- Moscow Urban Forum
- Bax & Company
- American Chamber of Commerce Italy
- RWTH Aachen University
- Global Wind Energy Council
- Rathenau Institute, The Hague