Admission & registration
Admission and registration for a master's programme at Maastricht University (UM) consists of the following five steps. Please read the procedure carefully and make sure to fulfil all steps in time. The deadline for this programme can be found under step 1.
Admission and registration in 5 steps
Check your deadline and register via Studielink.nl a.s.a.p.
Make an account and choose your programme
You can register for a study programme via Studielink. In Studielink, you will have to indicate which programme you would like to register for.
If you are registered in a Dutch municipality, you can only register using your DigiD. If you do not yet have a DigiD, you will need to request one. If you do not (yet) live in the Netherlands, you still register via Studielink, but you will not be able to use DigiD. Instead, you create a Studielink account yourself and UM will check your personal details.
Start September 2018
Start admissions: 1 October 2017
- Non-EU/EEA-students: up to and including 1 May 2018
- EU/EEA-students: up to and including 1 June 2018
- Students who apply for a UM-wide scholarship: 1 February 2018
Start September 2017
- Non-EU/EEA-students: up to and including 30 April 2017
- EU/EEA-students: up to and including 31 May 2017
- Students who apply for a Maastricht University scholarship: 14 January 2017
Upload your documents in MyUM
Check what you need
After you have registered in Studielink, you will receive an email from UM within 24 hours. This email contains your personal student number and a password. You can use this information to access the MyUM portal.
In order to complete your registration, please upload the following documents via MyUM as soon as possible, at least before the application deadline:
Please note: If you accidently upload a wrong document in the MyUM portal, you can no longer remove it from your digital file. However, you can still upload the right document, but this does not replace the incorrect one. UM judges which documents are right.
- A recent passport picture
- A copy of your valid passport or your EU/EEA identity card
- A copy of your most recent grades transcript or a copy of your diploma
- Your curriculum vitae
- Copy of your language test with sufficient results (if applicable)
- GRE score report (if applicable) also send by email to: masteradmission-fhml[at]maastrichtuniversity[dot]nl
Master preference form (only applicable if you are applying for more than one master’s programme). Upload this form in the MyUM portal under “other”.
In the absence of a preference indication, we will only handle your main application and additional applications will be rejected.
Only complete applications will be reviewed. All documents should be in English, Dutch or German. If your diploma is in a different language, than a certified translation is required.Read more about uploading your documents via MyUM in general
The UM assesses your admissibility
Do you satisfy all of the conditions?
On the basis of the documents you have uploaded in the MyUM Portal, UM assesses whether your prior education makes you admissible to the master’s programme of your choice.
Two outcomes are possible:
- If you meet the admission requirements, you are admissible. Your application will be processed in step 4.
- If you do not meet the admission requirements, you are not admissible. Your application will be rejected and the admissions procedure will stop.
Admissions procedure and message about admission
The faculty decides on the basis of your quality and suitability
Message about admissionRead more about your admission in general
On the basis of the documents you have uploaded and the admission procedure for your chosen programme, the relevant faculty decides on whether to admit you. You will receive an e-mail notifying you of this decision. Selection will take place on the basis of your quality and suitability. In this respect your motivation, prior qualifications as well as your professional experience are important. Once UM has made a decision on your admissibility, you will be informed about this by email.
Complete your registration at the UM
Fulfil all registration criteria and pay your tuition fees
After you have successfully completed the admission's procedure you will receive a request of Maastricht University to pay your tuition fees.
Please make sure you pay your tuition fees in time. If the tuition fees are not paid in time it is not possible to start your studies.
Questions about admission and registration?
Then contact the faculty of this master's programme via the Contact button on the left.