The Research Master is the ideal preparation for an academic career. The content and scope of this programme adheres to the American standard, which will enable you to qualify for a PhD programme, at either Maastricht University or any (inter)national university. The majority of our Research Master students pursue their career in European and North-American universities.
Furthermore, the Research Master equips students for jobs that require research and analytical affinity. The wave of new and emerging technologies is significantly impacting the utilization of data in addressing research, management, and governmental questions. Being able to analyze and interpret data while having a strong foundation in your discipline of interest offers you thus the best job prospects for the next decade.
Graduates who decided to not pursue a PhD, often continue their professional career in large international organisations, research agencies, consulting, and governmental institutions. Our graduates have found positions such as:
- Quantitative Analyst, Neuberger Berman
- Consultant, Bain & Company
- Modeling Analyst, ABN-AMRO
- Quantitative Research Analyst, ING Investment Management
- Consultant Financial Risk Management, Capgemini Consulting
- Demand Chain Planner, DSM Engineering Plastics
- PhD candidate, Maastricht University and other universities worldwide