Why this programme?
New laws, regulations and public expectations have pushed the topics of IT governance, risk and compliance high up on the boardroom agenda. IT governance and assurance professionals are therefore in high demand. Organisations, both large and small, need professionals who can ensure that their IT policies and processes support the organisation’s strategies and objectives. The master’s programme in IT Governance and Assurance will provide you with the know-how to turn IT innovations into business value and to effectively manage IT-related business risks.
The programme, designed specifically for professionals, is offered in cooperation between Maastricht University’s School of Business and Economics and Antwerp Management School. The research from both schools and their international partners is integrated into the curriculum. You will also conduct your own research for a master’s project that will be relevant for your day-to-day work.
What will you learn?
In this master's programme, you will learn how to:
- identify and communicate the organisation's IT-related business value, opportunities and risks
- create IT policies and processes that support organisational strategies and business objectives
- implement research-based concepts in IT governance, management and assurance in a variety of organisations
- integrate IT governance within overall enterprise management and governance
- apply the international IT governance and assurance framework COBIT 5
- understand, establish and evaluate the leadership, organisational structures and processes that ensure that IT supports the organisation’s strategies and objectives
Who is the programme for?
The programme is for experienced professionals who are involved in IT governance and assurance, such as:
- internal auditors
- business consultants
- operational auditors
- IT auditors
- IT assurance professionals
- IT managers
- information security managers
- information managers
- business/IT relationship managers