A major challenge in the transition towards a biobased society is the development of biobased alternatives for materials that are currently used as well as the development of new sustainable materials. Consequently, biobased materials are an important focal point in materials science research.
- 40% of graduates start a PhD after their master's
- Our graduates work as: Application technologist, PhD, Research scientist, R&D scientist, Research engineer, Start-up
- At companies such as: Corbion, AMIBM, AstraZeneca, B4Plastics, SABIC, Corporis Medical and Eggxpert
- Check out the LinkedIn page to see what our Alumni doing at the moment
Stay connected to Maastricht University
Maastricht University organises several alumni activities, such as: Ambassador lecture series and Alumni Circle Meetings in Europe and beyond. This way you stay connected to Maastricht University.
Universities, research institutes and businesses are joining forces to develop and implement biobased materials in society. There is a growing demand for experts in this field, so the career prospects for our graduates are promising. The multidisciplinary master's in Biobased Materials prepares you for career opportunities at:
- Research & Development
- Research institutes
- Governmental institutions
- Environmental organisations
- Consultancy firms
- Start-up companies