Admission & registration
Admission and registration for a master's programme at Maastricht University (UM) consists of the following five steps. Please read the procedure carefully and make sure to fulfil all steps in time. The deadline for this programme can be found under step 1.
Admission and registration in 5 steps
Check your deadline and register via Studielink.nl a.s.a.p.
Make an account and choose your programme
You can register for a study programme via Studielink. In Studielink, you will have to indicate which programme you would like to register for.
If you are registered in a Dutch municipality, you can only register using your DigiD. If you do not yet have a DigiD, you will need to request one. If you do not (yet) live in the Netherlands, you still register via Studielink, but you will not be able to use DigiD. Instead, you create a Studielink account yourself and UM will check your personal details.
- All students: 1 February 2017
- All students: 1 March 2017
- All students: 1 May 2017
- Non-EU/EEA-students: 1 May 2017
- EU/EEA-students: 1 June 2017
Upload your documents in MyUM
Check what you need
After you have registered in Studielink, you will receive an email from UM within 24 hours. This email contains your personal student number and a password. You can use this information to access the MyUM portal.
In order to complete your application, please upload the following documents via MyUM as soon as possible:
Please note: if you have a UM bachelor's diploma then you do not need to upload your diploma, list of grades or passport picture.
NB. If you apply for the research master’s in Cognitive and Clinical Neuroscience or the master’s programmes in Forensic Psychology, and Physician-Clinical Investigator (A-KO), you always need to upload your (UM)diploma, list of grades and passport picture.
- A recent passport picture
- A copy of your passport or your EU/EEA identity card (valid on 1 September 2017)
- A certified copy of your diploma and/or grades transcript. If you have not yet received your diploma, you can upload the grades transcript.
If you have not graduated yet, send us transcripts from your bachelor’s programme. You must have completed your bachelor’s before 1 September 2017. If you will receive your bachelor degree at Maastricht University (UM) in the very near future, it is not necessary to send us your UM bachelor diploma.
- A transcript (most recent version)
- Your curriculum vitae
- A completed and signed application form (download application form (pdf, 1,03 MB)
- A completed eligibility form (download eligibility form pdf, 381 KB)
- Two letters of recommendation. Do not upload. Letters have to be sent directly by reference to: master-ssp[at]maastrichtuniversity[dot]nl
- Letter of motivation
- An essay on the topic ‘In which ways are science and policy connected to sustainability issues?’ (1000 - 1500 words)
- Copy of your language test with sufficient results (if applicable)
Only complete applications will be reviewed. All documents should be in English.
In case of acceptance to the programme, you must also send the certified copy of your diploma by regular mail to:
Maastricht UniversityRead more about uploading your documents via MyUM
Student Service Centre
Admissions & Registration
PO Box 616
6200 MD Maastricht
The UM assesses your admissibility
Do you satisfy all of the conditions?
On the basis of the documents you have uploaded in the MyUM Portal, UM assesses whether your prior education makes you admissible to the master’s programme of your choice.
Two outcomes are possible:
- If you meet the admission requirements, you are admissible. Your application will be processed in step 4.
- If you do not meet the admission requirements, you are not admissible. Your application will be rejected and the admissions procedure will stop.
Admissions procedure and message about admission
The faculty decides on the basis of your quality and suitability
You will receive a formal letter within 4 weeks after each application deadline.
This decision is based on your whole application file. The English language requirements and the requirement that you need to have a bachelor degree (regardless of relevance) are strictly applied. In case you do not meet the other requirements/preferences you may still be eligible for admission.
No one will be admitted to this programme directly. In some cases, the Board of Admission may request additional documents or an interview. The decision will always be made on a case-by-case basis to determine wheter there are sufficient grounds for admission.
Message about admission
On the basis of the documents you have uploaded and the admission procedure the faculty decides on whether to admit you.
You will receive an email about this. Three outcomes are possible:
- You are admitted
- You are rejected
- You are conditionally admitted due to missing documents
If you are conditionally admitted then the mail will state which documents you still need to upload.Read more about your admission in general
Complete your registration at the UM
Fulfill all registration criteria and pay your tuition fees
Questions about admission and registration?
Then contact the faculty of this master's programme via the Contact button on the left.