French writing skills coaching
You have no problem speaking French everyday at work or at school. However, writing in French is a different story. You wouldn’t mind receiving constructive criticism about your emails, letters, and reports. Writing skills tutoring offers you the opportunity to get feedback from a teacher by submitting texts by email. On the basis of the feedback you re-write the text until it is satisfactory. The emphasis of this approach lies in the individual needs of the participant, which of course can be quite varied.
Please note: due to the COVID-19 situation, we will provide this course in an online setting.
- online courses
- individual coaching
- you can extend the course if needed
- emphasis on individual needs
- get feedback from a teacher by submitting texts
If French is not your first language, you must have at least level B2 (according to the CEFR).
The Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) provides a set of descriptors that can help you gauge your level of proficiency in any given language. To determine your current or target level, please download the PDF Levels of the Common European Framework of Reference.
|4 hours||6 hours||8 hours|
|Fee UM students/UM staff/UM Alumni||€ 290||€ 435||€ 580|
|Fee non-UM participants||€ 360||€ 540||€ 720|
No compulsory course material needed. However, the teacher may recommend you to use particular literature.
To get help as soon as possible, please email some text to Catherine Burdorf (French teacher): c.burdorf[at]maastrichtuniversity[dot]nl. As soon as Ms Burdorf has received your email, she will contact you.
Conditions for your text to be submitted
- The text (typed) must take up at least one page.
- The text must represent the type of text in which you would like to improve your writing skills. For example, if you wish to improve your writing skills in letters and emails, it is best if you submit an example of a letter or (a couple of) email(s).
- It is of great importance that the text has not been checked by someone else. You should also turn off the spell check on your computer. That way, the text is a good indicator of what you can already do and of the difficulties you have. However, you are allowed to use dictionaries and other references.
- Please state in your email why you would like take this course. That way, we get a good idea of your learning aims.
- Please remove any confidential information from your texts before sending them to the Language Centre.
- Please state the following in the subject box of the email: ‘text for the writing skills course’.