In the programme, you choose half your courses from the programme-related majors. All students should select one of the CES core courses in either the first or second half of the semester. Students in the Public Health & Medicine in Europe programme have the choice of either:
- European Public Health in a Globalising World – introducing policy, research and practice (EUH2002, period 1/4/5)*
- Medical Ethics - Moral health care dilemmas from a European and comparative perspective (PHI2002, block period 2/5)*
* Disclaimer ECTS: the number of ECTS credits earned after successfully concluding one of these CES courses is in accordance with Maastricht University’s guidelines. Please consult with your home university if these credits will be accepted as part of your programme and, if necessary, converted to the credit system acknowledged by your home university.
You can fulfil the remaining course requirements by selecting courses from the 'Elective courses' list below. This combination provides you with a solid understanding of the central subject matter while giving you freedom to build your own curriculum and pursue your own academic needs and interests.
- Fall courses: please select courses offered in block period 1 and 2.
- Spring courses: please select courses offered in block period 4 and 5.
CES students can choose from more than 400 bachelor-level courses taught in English at Maastricht University.
Please note that for all courses whose code starts with COR, HUM, SSC, SCI and SKI the minimum GPA requirement is 3.3. At all other departments it is 3.0.
The courses list is best viewed with Chrome.
Need some more information about what courses to select?