The bachelor's programme in Psychology is a fixus programme with selection by the educational institution. This means that you go through a selection process after applying. Not everybody who is admissible will also receive placement. The UM performs a pre-selection, afterwards Studielink takes care of the allocation procedure. Only a limited number of students can be admitted each year, 525 for the academic year 2020/21.
For the academic year 2020/21 all available places will be allocated by means of Selection.
Prospective students with a Dutch diploma
If you possess one of the diplomas stated below then, in principle, you are directly admissible.
- VWO diploma: all profiles
- All HBO propaedeutic diplomas
Prospective students with a non-Dutch diploma
If you have a non-Dutch diploma that is equivalent to the Dutch VWO diploma you are, in principle, admissible to this programme. Check if this applies for your diploma.
Important deadlines for the programme starting September 2020
- Registration deadline all students: 15 January 2020, 23.59 CET including all required documents to complete the application
- Deadline for completing the Selection procedure: 6 March 2020, 17.00 CET
- On 15 April 2020 your ranking number will be published in Studielink
Non-EU students: make sure to check the study progress requirements
This study programme is also taught in Dutch. Click here for more information about the Dutch language requirements.