Mr Dersim Yabasun (D.H.)
Professional career history
- Dersim Yabasun is researcher and PhD candidate at the Faculty of Law, Maastricht University. He teaches European asylum- and migration law.
- He studied law at the European Law School in Maastricht. Subsequently, he specialised in human rights at the European Inter-University Centre (EIUC) in Venice (Italy) and the Institut des Hautes Etudes Européennes (IHEE) in Strasbourg (France).
- His research focuses on vulnerable asylum applicants in the European Union. He conducted part of his research at the European Parliament (LIBE Committee) in Brussels.
- Prior to his academic career he worked as policy advisor at the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of the Interior in the Hague. In addition, he has worked for non-profit organisations specialised in migration.
- University Teaching Qualification (BKO) Certificate.