Andrea Broderick (A.C.)
Third party contract work:
- Appointed international expert on disability non-discrimination law for The Promoting Rule of Law in Georgia Activity (PROLoG), March 2017- June 2017, within a project funded by the United States Agency for International Development.
- Waddington L. and Broderick A., Promoting equality and non-discrimination for disabled persons, report written at the request of the Council of Europe (2017). 61 pages.
- Report on Reasonable Accommodation under the CRPD: The Georgian Context (PROLOG/USAID, 2017). 60 pages.
- Broderick A. and Waddington L., Legal submission to the UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities on the outline of the draft General Comment on Article 5 (Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, 2017). 8 pages.
- Waddington L. and Broderick A., ‘Disability law and the duty to reasonably accommodate beyond employment: A legal analysis of the situation in EU Member States’, major thematic report on equality prepared on behalf of the European Network of Legal Experts on Gender Equality and Non-Discrimination (European Commission, 2016). 170 pages.
- Broderick A., Final deliverable for the DREAM Network (2015). 16 pages.
- Broderick A., Report on the 2013 Work forum on the implementation of the UN CRPD in the EU, prepared at the request of the European Commission (2014). 22 pages.
- Broderick A., ‘Introductory speech on promoting equality for persons with disabilities’ [Council of Europe, Launch of the Disability Strategy, 2017-2023, Nicosia, Cyprus, March 2017]
- Broderick A., ‘Access to education and legal capacity under the CRPD’ [Academy of European Law, Trier, Germany, May 2017].
- Broderick A., ‘Access to education under the CRPD’ [Academy of European Law, Trier, Germany, October 2016].
- Broderick A., ‘Legal Capacity under the CRPD’ [Academy of European Law, Trier, Trier, Germany, October 2016].
- Broderick A., ‘Disability law and the duty to reasonably accommodate beyond employment in the EU Member States [presentation given at the request of the European Commission at a roundtable of States Parties to the CRPD, Brussels, November 2015].
- Broderick A., ‘Participation issues in the CRPD: From the perspective of EU litigation strategies [Academy of European Law, Trier, April 2013].
- Broderick A., ‘Substantive obligations under the CRPD, including accessibility’. [Academy of European Law, Trier, Germany, December 2012].
- Rapporteur for EDF at the Civil Society Forum on the implementation of the UN CRPD in the EU, Brussels, 14 October 2013.
- Expert Rapporteur at the EU Work Forum on the Implementation of the UN CRPD in the EU, Brussels, 24-25 October 2013 (invited by DG Justice, European Commission).
Andrea Broderick is a full Professor at the Department of International and European Law at Maastricht University. She holds the UNESCO Chair in Human Rights and Peace since September 2022.
Andrea is the Co-director of the Maastricht Centre for Human Rights.
Andrea is also the National Director and EMA Director (on behalf of Maastricht University) of the European Master's Programme in Human Rights and Democratisation (Venice), Global Campus of Human Rights.
In addition, she was the Programme Coordinator/Director of the Masters European Law School in 2021/2022.
Internationaal en Europees recht, Faculteit der Rechtsgeleerdheid