Most Maastricht Summer School students stay at the International Student Guesthouse of Maastricht University. The Guesthouse is located within walking distance from downtown Maastricht, just behind the Court of Justice.
The UM Guesthouse offers high-quality student accommodation, with furnished single and double rooms. The communal kitchens are equipped with refrigerators, microwaves and electric hobs. There are also living rooms with TVs, bathrooms shared by 12-20 people and a covered bicycle shed. The laundry facilities include washing machines, dryers, ironing boards and irons.
The UM Guesthouse is close to the UM's inner city faculties, where your classes will take place. The shops are less than 10 minutes away.
6216 EG MAASTRICHT
Reception desk Guesthouse
Monday - Friday 8.30 AM to 5 PM
+31 (0)43 388 5970
Reception desk Security
Monday - Friday 5 PM to 8.30 AM and during the weekends and holidays
+31 (0)43 388 5970
Please note: The room rent excludes the € 35 registration fee for Maastricht Housing. In return no cleaning costs will be charged. You will need to bring your own towels, bed linen will be provided.
The Guesthouse offers a total of 350 furnished 1 or 2 person rooms, either with a private kitchen (P-building) or with a communal kitchen (C-building) kitchen. All rooms come with shared bathroom facilities (showers and bathrooms). They are all furnished with a bed, mattress, desk, wardrobe, wash basin, book case, reading lamps, table and chairs and wireless internet.
Rooms in the P-building have their own TV and a private kitchen that is fully equipped and comes with a fridge and an electrical stove. Mircowaves are also available. Unfortunately there are no freezers available in the kitchens of the P double rooms. Studios have their own private shower and toilet.
Students staying in the C-building make use of a fully equipped communal kitchen, which has several stoves, fridges and a microwave. There is also a communal living room with TV, couches and dinner table.
Making a reservation
You can reserve your room via www.maastrichthousing.com (follow the option 'Summer School' in the menu at the top of the page).
If you arrive during office hours please go to the Guesthouse reception desk for your key and to sign your housing contract. You will find the Guesthouse reception desk at the main entrance of the Guesthouse (second reception desk on your left).
If you arrive after 5 PM or during the weekend or a holiday, please notify the Guesthouse. They will make sure your room is ready for you and your key is waiting at the first reception desk which is open 24/7. If no one is at the desk it means the guards are making their rounds, so you might have to wait a little. You can sign the housing contract at a later time during normal office hours at the Guesthouse reception desk.
- If you leave on the last day of your contract you must return your keys before 12:00 PM at our reception desk at the Brouwersweg 100, at our security desk which is next to our reception desk (open 24/7) or in our drop off box next to our reception desk.
- Empty your room or kitchen of all personal items, food, and trash. Please wash up any dishes and leave the kitchen neat. If you do not empty your room as asked, we then will charge you €75 to have a company remove your things.
- Lock the door and return your key to our office or the security desk in case we are closed. ( Do not leave them in your room) They are open 24/7.
- You can also put your keys in our drop of box just next to our reception desk.
- It is possible that our technical staff will do spot checks of some of the rooms before you leave as they need to make repair schedules and check inventory.
- Before you go, it is mandatory to sign yourself out of the City of Maastricht and inform your Dutch bank (if you use one) that you want to close your account.
Internet at the guesthouse
The manuals for wireless internet and the different computer systems (Windows, Mac) can be obtained from the reception of the Guesthouse.