Today Thu Nguyen defended her PhD on power aymmetries between national parliaments in #EU, an uneven balance? Congratiolations Thu! Read more >> ow.ly/jHyt30kb3AY
The Faculty of Law has a strong and distinct international profile both in education and research. Our faculty is an inspiring and lively place where enthusiastic and inquisitive researchers attempt to find answers to the important legal issues of today. Researchers are able to flourish in the faculty’s vibrant academic community. They develop their own research projects, within the contours set by the faculty’s research programme. Research is focused on the study of the role of law in an increasingly globalised society.
Research involves studying both institutional and substantive developments in the process of Europeanisation and globalisation and the role of the national legal order therein. This takes place by means of comparative research and research in the field of European law, international economic law and human rights in a multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary context. To this end, various research methods are applied whereby more traditional methods are combined with empirical research methods.
Maastricht Graduate School of Law
The Maastricht Graduate School of Law offers a stimulating and internationally oriented environment for legal research. It is dedicated to train excellent PhD researchers and honours students from all over the world to extend, deepen and actively apply their knowledge, so as to become highly qualified researchers.
Faculty Research institutes
- Maastricht Centre for European Law (MCEL)
- Montesquieu Institute Maastricht
- Institute for Corporate Law, Governance and Innovations Policies (ICGI)
- Institute for Transnational Legal Research (METRO)
- Maastricht European Private Law Institute (M-EPLI)
- Institute for Globalisation and International Regulation (IGIR)
- Maastricht Centre for Human Rights (MCfHR)
- Maastricht European Centre on Privacy and Cybersecurity (ECPC)
Interfaculty Research Institutes
- Centre for European Research in Maastricht (CERiM)
- Institute for Transnational and Euregional Cross Border Cooperation and Mobility (ITEM)
- Maastricht Centre for Citizenship, Migration and Development (MACIMIDE)
- Maastricht Centre for Arts and Culture, Conservation and Heritage (MACCH)
- Maastricht Centre for Taxation (MCT)
An almost hattrick: team Maastricht wins silver in national VAR moot court 2018Thursday, May 24, 2018
Only available in Dutch!
Het was bijna gelukt: driemaal op rij de prestigieuze bestuursrechtelijke VAR-pleitwedstrijd op onze naam schrijven! Het Maastrichtse pleitteam heeft op woensdag 16 mei in Groningen een prachtige tweede plaats behaald.
Theo van Boven - Maastricht Human Rights Research Prize 2018 - Call for nominationsThursday, May 24, 2018
The Prize will be awarded to an excellent young researcher in the field of human rights laws, international criminal law or international humanitarian law.
Please send in your nominations by 15 September 2018 atthe latest.
Joost à Campo appointed clinical professor of Transforensic PsychiatryThursday, May 24, 2018
On 1 June 2018, Joost à Campo will be appointed clinical professor of Transforensic Psychiatry (0.2 fte) at the Department of Criminal Law and Criminology. The chair position was created by Mondriaan.