The Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Lab
The Corporate Social Responsibility Lab is an interdisciplinary student-centered initiative set up by the Faculty of Law (Maastricht University) in collaboration with external partners from the private sector (Good Good GmBH) as well as the NGO sector (Good Good Foundation).
We aim the following:
- bringing students in contact with sustainable business models that raise awareness about and contribute to solving global social issues such as climate change and poverty
- allowing students to be actively engaged in interdisciplinary research and awareness raising campaigns
- exposing students to project management skills and offering them a hands-on role in the various projects which undertaken by the external partners within the Lab
- creating a university movement that focuses on business and sustainability in a manner that empowers students to be the global leaders of tomorrow
- hosting extra-curricular online courses, events and guest lectures on affiliated topics to facilitate academic dialogue
- establishing collaborations with CSR think tanks at national and international level
How can you get involved?
Experience a CSR business environment
Good Good GMbH is a German fashion & lifestyle start-up founded on a corporate socially responsible business model: for each category of products sold, the company makes a social pledge such as removing plastic from the sea and donating solar lamps. Volunteer to work online from Maastricht on different aspects of the business: market research, social media, organizing events, etc. Doing these tasks online for a company does not qualify for an internship under UM rules, but if you join the company as an online volunteer for at least 6 months, you will get a CSR Lab fellow certificate issued by the CSR Lab and Good Good GmBH, and a LinkedIN recommendation from the Academic Coordinator of the CSR Lab.
Run an NGO
The social pledges of the German start-up are implemented by a mirroring NGO, also called Good Good. Volunteering to work with the organization will bring you in a key management position, where you will have to work with a team of up to 5 students to design and organize the social interventions of the business part. Doing these tasks for the NGO does not qualify for an internship under UM rules, but if you join the company as an online/offline volunteer for at least 6 months, you will get a CSR Lab fellow certificate issued by the CSR Lab and Good Good GmBH, and a LinkedIN recommendation from the coordinator of the CSR Lab.
Project evangelist - Jere Heinonen
Academic Coordinator – Catalina Goant
Prof. Hildegard Schneider
Prof. Jan Eijsbouts
This project is offered jointly by the CSR Lab and Good Good GmBH. The approach needed in this project reflects its interdisciplinary nature. The goals of the project are:
- to do market research and find different types of socially responsible business models and make an overview of companies employing them
- to do legal research into the terms and conditions used by these companies to determine whether they use any trustmarks or any codes of conduct and to determine how the companies enforce their social responsibility; also, to conduct interviews with relevant corporate responsibility organizations and obtain further information about the practices of companies pursuing socially responsible business models
- to research the communication strategies of selected companies, to gain an overall impression regarding consumer outreach and awareness
Check the teams Tumblr-page >>
Would you like to submit a new CSR Lab project?
Contact the Academic Coordinator of the CSR Lab: catalina.goanta[at]maastrichtuniversity[dot]nl