WeCare is a student-run association founded in 2018 by Maastricht University Alumni Cécile and Caroline. WeCare provides a safe and confidential space to support survivors of sexual violence and hear their stories. WeCare focuses on sexual assault aftercare, your wellbeing and aims to inform and educate on the diverse topic of sexual violence. Furthermore, we function as an intersection between victims and care providers. We are in contact with other sexual assault aftercare facilities and help with the referral process.
We Care's Mission
WeCare aims to inform, raise awareness, define and educate people about sexual violence and support victims by providing them with a safe environment to raise their concerns. Our goal is to lend a listening ear to all students and stakeholders of Maastricht University - no matter their sexuality, gender or race. We want to include every victim of the matter and guide them through the administrative issues of obtaining legal assistance and physical and mental health care.
Why join WeCare?
- Raise awareness and educate on sexual violence and abuse
- Help support survivors and make their voices heard
- Promote healthy sexual relationships
- Inform and educate people about subjects relating to sexual violence and abuse
The board consists of UM students from various faculties:
- President: Pia
- Project Manager: Andrada
- Communications: Maire
- Events: Csenge, Ana
- Internal affairs and finance:Sophie
- Social Media and Marketing: Pia and Clara