Maastricht University is fortunate to have an engaged alumni community. We hope your time in Maastricht and UM was unforgettable and that it helped you make lasting friendships and secure a good job. If you feel like giving back to your alma mater, you can get involved in the following ways:
- Contribute to one of our many events as a guest speaker
- Critically reflect on the (continued) development of our bachelor’s and master’s programmes
- Share internships and graduation projects within the alumni community
- Contribute to student recruitment activities
- Actively participate in alumni circles
- Support research and education via the Limburg University Fund
If you are interested in staying involved with your alma mater and sharing ideas about how you can contribute, please contact us at alumni[at]maastrichtuniversity[dot]nl
Help us to promote the UM Abroad
Do you want to share your knowledge and help to enhance Maastricht University’s reputation and future?
Maastricht University (UM) strives to maintain mutually beneficial connections with our alumni. Each year numerous alumni support UM for instance by sharing their experience and knowledge, mentoring and helping current students with their future career or supporting our university in a financial way.
On behalf of our international aspirations, the UM is visiting education fairs worldwide in order to attract new students. At these fairs UM staff and current students would like to team up with our alumni to inspire and encourage young talents to choose for UM. We believe that alumni have a distinctive credibility towards prospective students and the personal interaction with them can make a difference in choosing the UM over another university.
Participating at these fairs enables you to stay in touch with your Alma Mater and have an impact on the recruitment purposes of the university. After all, what’s good for the university is good for you as our alumni. Alum David Valente, (SBE) participated at a Master Education Fair in Warsaw last year, serving as an ambassador. He emphasises: “If I can help others with such important life decisions, I feel satisfied. So I like to show my respect and loyalty to people who always treated me well in Maastricht. It is also about giving back some of my time to help potential students make the right decisions based on my real-life experiences”.
Overview Education Fairs
Is there a fair in your area and you would like to spread the good word of UM? Then just sign up and contribute to UM’s future!
Giving to science
By donating to your university you'll give somebody the chance to realise dreams and support your former university indirectly: you stay committed!
You personally contribute to funding groundbreaking research at your university. This enables us to attract the best scientists to Maastricht and gives students the opportunity to study here, regardless of their origin or background.
University Fund Limburg
University Fund Limburg/SWOL supports scientific research and education at Maastricht University. As one of the cornerstones of a better future for generations to come, science deserves that support.
Together with the UM, the University Fund decides where the money is most needed. The fund supports:
- Research projects
- Special chair
- Development of new study programmes
- Study and research facilities and premises
Mission and Strategy
Maastricht University is a research university where fundamental and applied research are inextricably linked with education and educational innovation. Maastricht University:
- makes a genuine, tangible contribution to a better world
- is truly international: in student population, curricula and mentality
- helps students develop as global citizens at the forefront of their generation
- has an innovative approach to education: students seek their own answers and their own added value
- is anchored in society, in Maastricht and the Euregion
The university has defined a set of core values that serve as key principles for the conduct and attitude of staff and students:
- realise social impact
- create value
- encourage dialogue
- nourish initiative
- work from intrinsic curiosity