Maastricht University is fortunate to have an engaged alumni community. We hope your time in Maastricht and UM was unforgettable and that it helped you make lasting friendships and secure a good job. If you feel like giving back to your alma mater, you can get involved in the following ways:
- Contribute to one of our many events as a guest speaker
- Critically reflect on the (continued) development of our bachelor’s and master’s programmes
- Share internships and graduation projects within the alumni community
- Contribute to student recruitment activities
- Actively participate in alumni circles
- Support research and education via the University Fund Limburg/SWOL
If you are interested in staying involved with your alma mater and sharing ideas about how you can contribute, please contact us at alumni[at]maastrichtuniversity[dot]nl.
University Fund Limburg/SWOL
The University Fund Limburg/SWOL supports scientific research and education at Maastricht University. We do so via grants, subsidies, Named Funds, our crowdfunding platform UM Crowd, and more.
Together with the UM, the University Fund decides where the money is most needed. The fund supports:
- Research projects
- Special chair
- Development of new study programmes
- Study and research facilities and premises
- Crowdfunding projects of students and employees
Make a difference!
By donating to the Limburg University Fund/SWOL (UFL), you will contribute to innovative research and teaching at Maastricht University. The focus of this research and teaching will always be on a sustainable and healthy future for all of us. This future is surely important to you as well!
How to make a contribution is up to you. For example, you can make a general donation to UFL. Alternatively, you can donate money to a specific cause (through a Named Fund), e.g. brain damage or cultural heritage. Your gift, however small, will make a huge difference.
Mission and strategy
Maastricht University (UM) is a young university in the heart of Europe, with a distinct global perspective and a strong focus on innovative education and research strategies. We see ourselves first and foremost as an open and inclusive academic community, striving for a good mix between Dutch, European and other international students, and addressing European and global issues in our education and research programmes.
UM's mission and strategy for the future are built on four core values:
- To be an innovator in education and research by introducing the CORE philosophy at our university;
- To adopt an inclusive approach and to open our doors to all students and staff who fit with our profile and subscribe to our values;
- To take our social responsibility seriously by linking the university to society, from the local to the global level;
- To be a sustainable institution in the broadest sense.
CORE stands for: Collaborative Open Research Education.
- Collaborative: education and research are best organised in teams rather than individually
- Open: being open minded and inclusive
- Research Education is about the integration of research and education
UM’s strategy is set out in the Strategic Programme 2017-2021