Duration: 3 years
What’s it all about?
From individuals to governments, we all make choices every day. Economics is the science of choice, from the personal (why do you buy what you do?) to the public (how do government policies affect your behaviour as a consumer?). Business economics, meanwhile, is about solving specific problems within companies (how can we as a company influence consumer choices and policy decisions?). Understanding the choices that all these players make is essential in today’s globalising society, where consumer choices and business opportunities are multiplying by the hour.
You’ll like this, if you like …
Politics, current affairs, and working on practical problems in an international environment.
What you’ll actually do:
- Learn by doing in small, intercultural teams
- Address the sorts of problems you’ll face in your career, in a study setting designed to resemble a real working environment
- Develop your knowledge of marketing, economics, finance and management
- Enhance your practical skills in mathematics, statistics and computer science
- Learn how to apply the insights gained to run businesses more effectively
Triple Crown accreditation
Only 1% of business schools worldwide have been honoured with the ‘Triple Crown’ of accreditations. The Maastricht University School of Business and Economics (SBE) is one of them. The accreditations are awarded by the American AASCB, the British AMBA and the European-wide EQUIS, which evaluate the curricula, organisation, staff qualifications, students and management of candidate schools. In SBE alumni, employers know they’re getting top graduates, with a top education, from a top School.