Registering in the My UM Portal
Within 24 hours of registering in Studielink, you will receive your login details for the My UM Portal.
This is the university’s intranet, which you will be using for everything from uploading your digital documents, viewing your timetable, registering for exams and graduation.
Before you start:
- For proper function of the MyUM portal we recommend Internet Explorer 9 or Internet Explorer 11 with compatibility mode. Other browsers may cause connection problems.
- Ensure you have a digital copy of your valid passport at hand. You can also use a copy of your id card, but only if you have an EU/EEA nationality. Your passport or id card should be valid on the starting date of the academic year concerned. We also need a recent, digital passport picture from you.
To complete your application, please follow the steps below:
- Log in to the My UM portal using your personal student number/ID and password;
- Click on the button ‘Upload Documents’ in the menu on the left. The ticks next to the documents show if you have uploaded the documents successfully.
In most cases you are required to upload the following documents:
• Motivation letter or essay
• Curriculum Vitae
• Degree certificate
• Latest grades transcript
• A copy of your passport/ID card (valid as at the starting date of the programme)
NB: Please ensure that you save the copy of your passport/ID card (for EU/EEA nationality) with the file name passport copy and not passport picture!
• A passport picture that meets these guidelines.
NB: If you hold a UM bachelor’s degree, you do not need to upload your degree certificate, grades transcript, passport/ID card or passport picture (provided the latter is still valid).
Then close the window or log out.
NB: Please follow these guidelines for digital documents:
- Permitted formats: doc, docx, txt, pdf, jpg and jpeg;
- Maximum size of 10 MB per document.
If you have more questions about using the My UM portal please contact the Student Services Centre.