Registering in My UM Portal
After you have applied through Studielink, you will receive your login details for My UM Portal within 24 hours. My UM portal is the university’s intranet – you will use it for everything you need as a (prospective) student, including uploading your documents, your schedule, registering for exams and graduation.
Before you start:
- please use Windows Internet Explorer (including if you are using Apple) to make sure there are no errors on the webpage
- make sure you have a digital copy of your passport or ID card (if you have EU/EEA nationality) and a recent passport photo on hand
To complete your application, please follow the steps below.
- log in to the My UM portal using your personal student number/ID and password
- click on the ‘Upload Documents’ button in the navigation menu to the left. You can see from the check marks next to the documents if they have been successfully uploaded.
You always have to upload the following documents:
• a copy of your diploma and list of grades, or, if you haven’t got a diploma yet, your most recent list of grades
• a valid passport
Please note: save your passport or ID card (if you have EU/EEA nationality) as passport copy, not passport photo;
• a passport photograph (meeting the following requirements)
Should it be relevant to your situation, also upload the following documents:
• proof of language test (NT2, TOEFL or IELTS), if already in your possession
• translation of your diploma or list of grades, if these are not in Dutch, English, German or French
• proof of additional courses or tests in the required subjects
Then close the window or log out.
NB: Please follow these guidelines for uploading documents:
- Permitted formats: doc, docx, txt, pdf, jpg and jpeg.
- Maximum size of 10 MB per document.
Are you not sure which documents to upload?
Check your ‘application & registration’ tab on the website of the course of your choice.
For any questions on the use of the My UM Portal, please contact the Student Services Centre.