Step 2: Upload documents
Within 24 hours of registering via Studielink, you will receive an e-mail with your login details for the My UM portal. This is Maastricht University’s (UM) intranet, which prospective and current students use for all university-related administration (uploading documents, viewing timetables, registering for exams, applying for graduation, etc.).
To upload your documents, you will need a digital version of your passport or (if you are an EU/EEA national) ID card, a copy of your diploma or latest grades transcript, and a recent passport picture.
To access the My UM portal we recommend the use of Internet Explorer 9 or Internet Explorer 11 in compatibility mode. Other browsers may not permit full functionality of the My UM portal.
Please follow the steps below to finalise your registration.
- Log in to the My UM portal using your personal student number/ID and your password. You can find these in the e-mail you received from us.
- Depending on the programme, you may need to submit additional documents. Go to the programme of your choice and check under 'Admission and registration'.
To upload additional documents, click on the button ‘Upload documents’ in the menu on the left. The ticks indicate whether the documents have uploaded successfully.
Typical documents you may need to upload are:
- • motivation letter
• grades transcript
• copy of your passport or (for EU/EEA nationals) ID card (valid as at the start of the relevant academic year)
NB: Please ensure that you save the copy of your passport/ID card as ‘passport copy’ and not as ‘passport picture’!
• passport picture (which has to meet certain requirements)
If you have a UM bachelor’s degree, you will not be required to upload a diploma, grades transcript, passport picture or passport/ID card (providing the latter is still valid).
- • motivation letter
- Close the screen or log out.
Technical guidelines for uploading documents:
- Permitted formats: .doc, .docx, .pdf, .jpg and .jpeg.
- Maximum size: 10 MB per document
Do you have questions about using the My UM Portal? There’s a good chance you can find the answer in our frequently asked questions. Prefer personal contact? Feel free to contact the Student Services Centre.