Personal profile page
Prof. dr. Maurice Zeegers
Discipline: Epidemiology and Genetics
Maurice Zeegers is full professor (professor ordinarius) and head of the department of Complex Genetics at the University of Maastricht, the Netherlands. He received a Bachelor degree in Occupational Therapy in 1994; three different Master degrees in Health Education and Promotion, Epidemiology and Genetic Epidemiology in respectively 1997, 1998 and 2002; and a PhD degree in Cancer Epidemiology in 2001. He was promoted to Chair in 2006 at the age of 34 at the university of Birmingham, which made him the youngest-ever professor at this university. He has published over 175 scientific research papers. Each paper been cited by on average 30 other researchers in his field and he has an H/M-index of 43/3.5. So far 20 young scientists have obtained their doctorates under his supervision. His main interest is in Epidemiology, Statistical Learning, Forensic Epidemiology, Good Epidemiological Practice, Nutrition, Genetics and Meta-analyses.
- Honorary professor in Epidemiology at Huiyang People's Hospital (China) and the universities of Birmingham (UK) and Leuven (Belgium)
- Member board of Netherlands Society of Epidemiology (as president)
- Member board of European Epidemiological Federation (as vice-chairman)
- Chairman of the International Association for Law and Epidemiology.
- Member editorial board of several scientific journals of which in particular OA Epidemiology (as editor-in-chief).
- Member/chair of several research or teaching committees for advice, review or inspection.
- Ad hoc lecturer or advisor on epidemiology, systematic reviews or analytics.
- Ad hoc expert witness in forensic epidemiology.
- NUTRIM School for Nutrition, Toxicology and Metabolism
- Health, Medicine and Life Sciences, Complex Genetics
- The Maastricht Forensic Institute
Phone number: +31 43 388 2012 (secretariat)
Location: Department of Complex Genetics, Maastricht University