Personal profile page
Prof. dr. Maurice Zeegers
Head of School, Epidemiologist
Maurice Zeegers is the director of the CAPHRI School for Public Health and Primary Care at Maastricht University Medical Center+. With over 300 employees researchers in the fields of family medicine, epidemiology, methodology and statistics, international health, health promotion, health services research, orthopaedic surgery, rehabilitation, social medicine and ethics, CAPHRI provides high quality multidisciplinary research and teaching aimed at the improvement of the individual’s quality of life and population health through responsible innovation in public health and health care.
As the head of school, Maurice is responsible for helping CAPHRI researchers and educators to excel, enjoy their work and contribute to society, both internationally and in the region. He maintains a broad network of partners, develops the institutional strategy, policies and supervises the daily management of the Institute, including the financial control, the multidisciplinary cohesion, the scientific quality control and production mechanisms, and the external review cycles.
He is full professor of Complex Genetics and Epidemiology and head of the department of Complex Genetics where he and his team perform their scientific studies, within CAPHRI but also within the NUTRIM School of Nutrition and Translational Research in Metabolism. His main interest is in Epidemiology, Analytics, Forensic Epidemiology, Research Integrity, Nutrition, Genetics and Meta-analyses. Maurice has published over 200 scientific papers.
- Honorary professor in Epidemiology at Huiyang People's Hospital (China) and the universities of Birmingham (UK) and Leuven (Belgium)
- Member board of European Epidemiological Federation (as vice-chairman)
- Chairman of the International Association for Law and Epidemiology.
- Member editorial board of several scientific journals
- Member/chair of several research or teaching committees for Advice, Review or Inspection.
- Ad hoc lecturer or advisor on Epidemiology, Systematic Reviews or Analytics.
- Ad hoc expert witness in Forensic Epidemiology.
- CAPHRI, School of Public Health and Primary Care
- NUTRIM School of Nutrition and Translational Research in Metabolism
- Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences
- The Maastricht Forensic Institute, Faculty of Law
Phone number: +31433882012 and +314338 82314 (office of CAPHRI)