UM India Strategy
UM started in August 2007 and embarked up on a very unique initiative to focus on India and build research capacity through partnerships. Today the two main features of the UM India Strategy are:
- Focus on building research capacity through synergistic partnerships.
- Build thematic research in India. The triangle of building blocks is:
- Best of UM
- Best of India – partner Indian institutes – examples of faculty partners are: Narayana Hrudayalaya, Aravind Eye care, PES IT, ISI, ISEC, IIM A, IIM B, top National Law schools, St. John’s Hospital, etc.
- Themes of social relevance to India and of relevance to the UM research community.
Since August 2007 Frits van Merode and Krista Knopper, were responsible for developing and implementing the overall Maastricht University India Strategy. A number of their articles and presentations on this strategy are listed below:
- Developing Higher Education EU India Relations through University Partnerships; Government Gazette March 2013; Krista Knopper & Frits van Merode
- Gezondheidheidszorg nieuwe stijl in India; Innovatie door specialisatie en toewijding; Zorgvisie Magazine, 4 april 2012; Krista Knopper & Frits van Merode
- Entry Strategies in International Higher Education; in Proceedings of the 6th QS-APPLE Conference Singapore, 17th -19th November, 2010, N. Anderson, Editor. 2011, James Cook University; Krista Knopper & Frits van Merode
- Building Strategic Alliances with India; ACA Seminar, Brussels, 14 March 2013; Krista Knopper & Frits van Merode
- Engaging India: Exploring Models and Approaches to Partnership; Edge Forum, New Delhi, 13 March 2012, Krista Knopper & Frits van Merode
- 'India: het land van de (on)begrensde mogelijkheden'; Internationale Handelsdag Limburg 2011 (KvK Limburg), Roermond, 7 April 2011; Krista Knopper & Frits van Merode
- Encouraging Dutch-Indian ‘brain circulation’; ACA Seminar, Brussels, 18 March 2011; Krista Knopper & Frits van Merode
- International Entry Strategies in Higher Education; QS Apple, Singapore, 17-19 November 2010; Krista Knopper & Frits van Merode
- Maastricht University India Strategy; AUCC, Ottowa 9-10 June 2010; Krista Knopper & Frits van Merode
- ‘Brain circulation’: beyond entry strategies; CII, Chennai, 23-24 October 2009; Krista Knopper & Frits van Merode
- Brain circulation: from ideology to strategy; India Calling, Brussels 2 October 2009; Frits van Merode, Krista Knopper
- Islands of Excellence; IDIC Amsterdam 17 June 2009; Prof. Dr. Frits van Merode
- Brain circulation in Higher education; sharing best global practices, New Delhi 21 April 2009; Krista Knopper en Frits van Merode
- Maastricht University and ‘Brain Circulation’; Aachen, 6 October 2008; Frits van Merode & Krista Knopper