Coming to Maastricht from abroadMaastricht is centrally located between eight airports and is well served by international trains.
- Maastricht Aachen Airport (The Netherlands, 15 minutes by bus)
- Eindhoven (The Netherlands, 1 1/2 hours by bus and train)
- Schiphol Amsterdam (The Netherlands, 2 1/2 hours by train)
- Weeze (Germany, 2 1/2 hours by bus and train)
- Cologne / Bonn (Germany, 2 1/2 hours by train)
- Dusseldorf (Germany, 2 1/2 hours by train)
- Brussels Charleroi (Belgium, 1 1/2 hours by bus and train)
- Brussels (Belgium, 2 hours by train)
Several low cost airlines fly to these destinations. From these airports you can use public transport to travel to Maastricht.
Trains and international railways
The nearest international railway station is Liège Guillemins (Belgium), 30 minutes by train from Maastricht. High-speed ICE and TGV trains connect in Liège Guillemins from other major cities such as London, Paris and Frankfurt.
If you are connecting through stations in Aachen (Germany) then you can travel by bus (nr. 50) to Maastricht in about an hour.
For train schedules please see the international journey planner.
Why not spend a couple of days in Maastricht? Check our weekend package for more information.