Regulations Maastricht Summer School
The Maastricht Summer School is a joint programme of Maastricht University, Zuyd University of Applied Sciences and Maastricht School of Management. Maastricht University is administrator of the Maastricht Summer School programme.
1. Applications can only take place via the website by submitting the completed application form followed by payment by credit card or wire transfer.
Applications via the website without immediate online payment will be considered as provisional applications. Following the provisional application the participant will receive information about the payment options. The participant cannot derive any rights from the provisional application.
2. By submitting the application form the participant declares to have received these regulations and in addition declares himself/herself in agreement with its contents.
3. Registration closes on the date indicated for each course on the website or in the brochure. These regulations may be deviated from if there are still course places available; this decision is left to the discretion of the course provider.
4. The reception date of the full payment will be considered as the registration date.
PLACEMENT AND ADMISSION
5. In the event that the number of registrations exceeds the number of available places, the method of selection differs per course provider (faculty). The regulations are usually mentioned in the website course information. If nothing is mentioned on this subject in the course information on the website, the regulations may be requested via the contact person mentioned in the course information.
6. The Maastricht Summer School reserves the right to test the participant’s starting level in order to assess whether it fits in with the level of the course. If the
Maastricht Summer School finds that the starting level is insufficient, the
Maastricht Summer School may decide not to admit the participant to the course.
CANCELLATION BY THE MAASTRICHT SUMMER SCHOOL
7. The Maastricht Summer School reserves the right to cancel the course.
The Maastricht Summer School will within one week after the closing date (for registration) of the course either in writing or by e-mail inform participants of a cancellation due to lack of interest.
8. If in the opinion of the Maastricht Summer School placement or admission is not possible, or if the Maastricht Summer School has cancelled the course, the registration will be annulled without any costs and course fees already paid will be reimbursed as soon as possible.
CANCELLATION BY THE PARTICIPANT
9. Costs will be owed in the event of cancellation or if the participant interrupts the course or ends it prematurely. These costs are as follows:
- If the participant cancels more than 4 weeks before the start of the course, he/she will have to pay 15% of the full course fee.
- If the participant cancels within 4 weeks before the start of the course, he/she will have to pay the full course fee.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
10. The Maastricht Summer School must have received the course fee owed before the first course session. The payment options are mentioned on the website www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/summerschool under Application/Registration.
11. If the course fee is not paid on time the Maastricht Summer School shall be authorised to ban the participant from the course until the obligation to pay has been fulfilled.
12. In the event of default on the part of the Maastricht Summer School the compensation will never be more than the course fee and any directly related costs. The maximum compensation of these latter costs, such as travel expenses, has been set at € 200.
13. In those cases for which the terms and conditions of registration do not provide, the director of the Maastricht Summer School will decide in reasonableness and in fairness.
14. Any disputes resulting from the agreement between the participant and the
Maastricht Summer School that cannot be resolved in mutual consultation will be brought before the Maastricht court.
© 2012 Maastricht Summer School | All rights reserved | Disclaimer