Translation and EditingOur Translation and Editing Service is available to both UM and external clients, and offers a range of services.
- Translation from and into various languages (including Dutch, English, German and French)
- Copyediting (i.e. sentence-level) and structural editing for all your English and Dutch documents
- Copywriting (e.g. for promotional brochures and leaflets)
- Word lists to help improve consistency within faculties, departments or institutes
- A UM style guide with recommendations for all aspects of style and tone (e.g. capitalisation, punctuation, nonsexist language, etc.)
- A bilingual Dutch–English UM terminology database to help you translate terms accurately and consistently, either by searching for words in either language or browsing the subdivisions
The Language Centre’s Translation and Editing Service provides a range of language services for UM students, staff and the general public. Click on the links on the left to read more about our staff and services.