The mission of the Maastricht University School of Business and Economics (SBE) is to ‘educate and train undergraduates, graduates and professionals, who are capable to effectively function in careers in international business and economics, and to generate ideas that advance scientific economic and management knowledge and practice. Through these objectives it creates value for the society of which it is a part.
To achieve this, SBE:
- provides excellent international undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate programs in economics and business
- Conducts excellent, international visible scientific research in economics and business leading to innovative solutions to economics and business problems
- Fosters a learning community by offering and further developing student-centred, small-group, problem-based learning, providing intercultural learning experiences, with a strong emphasis on academic, analytical and communication skills and the skills to evaluate business and economics problems in their broader societal context
- Admits highly motivated students with a strong intellectual capacity, originating from a broad spectrum of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Attracts, develops and retains outstanding academic faculty who are passionate teachers and researchers, and professional supporting staff who are motivated and committed to their tasks
- Creates an environment which is favourable to the motivation and performance of the staff and faculty and which provides the incentives to achieving the objectives of SBE
- Facilitates its students’ and school's international learning experience by maintaining and expanding a network of distinctive international academic and business partners
- Collaborates with corporations and other institutions, in the interest of enriching programs and facilitating knowledge creation and knowledge exchange.