How to apply
A special admission and registration procedure applies to this bachelor’s programme. Because it has a numerus fixus, only a limited number of students can be admitted each year. The procedure consists of three steps:
- application via Studielink
- allocation of available places
- application at Maastricht University
The deadline for the decentralised selection is 15 April 2013. If you need a diploma evaluation, we recommend that you submit your application by 1 December before the academic year in which you would like to start.
Apply via Studielink
PLEASE NOTE: all students with a registered address in the Netherlands and a current Citizen Service Number (BSN) must have their own DigiD code in order to log on to Studielink.
To request an enrolment in Studielink, please take the following steps:
- Apply for an account in Studielink
- You will receive an email with your Studielink login details within minutes
- Login to Studielink, set a personal password, enter your personal data and select ‘new enrolment application’
- Select first the university and then the programme of your choice
- Be sure to indicate that you are applying for the decentralised selection procedure. This is necessary for us to be able to process your application for this programme. If you do not indicate that you want to participate in this procedure, your application will NOT be processed.
- In the following steps you will need to fill in:
- Diploma or diplomas which you have obtained or will obtain
- Payment information such as bank account number from which your tuition fees will be paid. This information can only be changed via the university and not in Studielink so please give a bank account only when you are sure it will be used to pay the fees. If you are not sure, you can supply this information later. However, be careful not to forget it as it is essential for processing your payments and therefore your registration.
- Finish by clicking ‘Send my enrolment application’.
Note: If you have entered an address in the Netherlands, Studielink will check this address against the Dutch municipal personal records database. If it matches, Studielink will send you a ‘verification code’ by post. You have to submit this code in Studielink within 14 days. It takes at least 5-7 working days before you receive this letter. However, you do not have to wait for it to continue the application procedure. Students who live outside the Netherlands will have to be verified by the university.
Allocation of available places
The available places are allocated in two ways:
• through the decentralised selection procedure at Maastricht University (deadline: 15 April 1013)
• by direct admission for applicants with a final Dutch school transcript with an average grade of 8 or higher (deadline: 15 May)
Further information about the decentralised selection procedure will be online as of 1 December 2012.
Apply and register via the My UM portal
Once you have submitted your application via Studielink, you will receive an email from Maastricht University containing login details for the My UM portal, where you can finish the application process. Please use Internet Explorer to fill in the application.
- Go to the My UM portal, upload a copy of your passport and other required documents (depending on the admission requirements of your chosen study programme).
- Maastricht University will assess your application and make a decision. If you have a non-Dutch diploma that is not in the list of diplomas equivalent to the Dutch VWO diploma (please also check the additional requirements that may apply to your diploma), it will need to be evaluated before a decision can be made. This can take some time
- You will receive an email to inform you if you are either admitted, conditionally admitted (e.g. when a document is still missing) or not admitted
- If you are admitted or conditionally admitted, you will receive the invoice of the tuition fees, also by email. Finish your registration by returning the signed invoice, a copy of your passport, a certified copy of your diploma and a list of your grades. You can either send it by post (Maastricht University, SSC-Admissions Office, PO Box 616, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands), or hand it in at the desk in the Visitors’ Centre. Please make sure that you have also entered the payment details in Studielink or your payment cannot be processed
Apply for a visa
Students with a non-EU nationality will also need a visa to study in the Netherlands. Our Visa Office will contact all applicants from non-EU countries. For questions and information, you can always contact our Visa Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other questions regarding your application, you can contact the Admissions Office / Student Services Centre:
- Information desks at the Visitors’ Centre, Bonnefantenstraat 2, 6211 KL Maastricht (Monday - Friday 8.30 - 18.00 and Saturday 10.00 - 16.00)
- Call centre: +31 43 388 5388 (Monday - Friday 9.00 - 17.00)
- Email: email@example.com
Switching programmes or universities
If you are already studying at UM and wish to switch to a different programme at UM or another institution, you must change your study data via Studielink AND via the DUO website. You must also inform UM’s Student Service Centre (SSC).