Duration: 3 years
What’s it all about?
Making companies run smoothly. Increasing profit sustainably. Predicting financial trends. Understanding how people’s behaviour affects the market. Dealing with wider economic issues – and crises. In today’s global economy, the harsh reality is that companies that don’t excel in these matters simply won’t make it to the top. How can you take advantage of this? Get yourself a solid foundation in Economics and Operations Research, a booming field with huge prospects for graduates.
You’ll like this, if you like …
The idea of combining economics and computer science with management and statistical techniques to make businesses run just right.
What you’ll actually do:
- Solve real-life economic and finance problems using knowledge and skills from interdisciplinary fields
- Apply economic and mathematical models to issues like inflation, investment and unemployment
- Come up with innovative ways to make businesses more efficient
- Work in small tutorial groups, with personal attention from your tutor
- Gain practical experience through involvement in departmental research
Triple Crown accreditation
Only 1% of business schools worldwide have been honoured with the ‘Triple Crown’ of accreditations. The Maastricht University School of Business and Economics (SBE) is one of them. The accreditations are awarded by the American AASCB, the British AMBA and the European-wide EQUIS, which evaluate the curricula, organisation, staff qualifications, students and management of candidate schools. In SBE alumni, employers know they’re getting top graduates, with a top education, from a top School.