Universiteit Maastricht

School of Business and Economics

Work and study

Due to the intensive nature of the programmes, most master's students are discouraged from working. However, some do conduct a paid internship or find a job as a student tutor or student assistant.

Dutch students should first be aware of how earning extra money affects their study financing before entering into a working agreement.

If you are from a country outside the EU/EEA or from one of the new EU member states, you will need a work permit to work in the Netherlands. An employer must apply for this permit on your behalf, and you will only be able to work 10 hours a week and fulltime for thee months during the summer. You can email the Visa Office for more detailed information.