Moot court competition
Moot courts are competitions between law students from various universities in mock court cases. Participants work intensively on a hypothetical case, prepare written submissions and plead before a bench of judges or law professors.
The Maastricht Faculty of Law has built a considerable reputation in the international moot court competition circuit. It took first prize in the prestigious European Law Moot Court Competition several years in a row, and Maastricht regularly does better at such competitions than universities like Harvard, New York and Paris. The Faculty of Law has successfully competed in other Moot Court Competitions in the Netherlands and abroad, including:
- the René Cassin Moot Court Competition
- the World Trade Organisation Moot Court Competition
- the Philip Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition
- International Tax Law Moot Court Competition
- European Law Moot Court Competition