At the recent American Association of Geographers (AAG) Annual Meeting (24-28 February 2012) CUES organised a Panel Session 'Mega-Events – from Eventful Cities to Regional Development'. All powerpoint presentations during this session can be downloaded here (as pdf):
- Mega-events as Long-Term Projects: The Case of the London Olympics 2012 by Gernot Grabher and Joachim Thiel (HafenCity University Hamburg).
- Doha, developmental megaevents, and sustainability governance by John Lauermann (Clark University).
- Regional Development and Regeneration, Mega-events and Sport: A Case of Noth-West England by Larissa Davies (Sheffield Halam University).
- The Development of Trade Fair Ecologies in China: Case Studies from Chengdu and Shanghai by Harald Bathelt and Ghang Zeng.
- VIA 2018. University Emancipatory Practices, Regional Strategies and a Research Program. Bas van Heur and Peter Peters, 8 November 2010. Pdf
- VIA 2018. Maastricht as Knowledge & Learning Region. Graeme Evans, Rein de Wilde, Peter Peters and Bas van Heur. Pdf
- VIA 2018. University - Research and Practice. Pdf
- ECOC - Emancipatory Practices and Euregional Strategies. Paper for ATLAS SIG conference (19-20 May 2011). Graeme Evans and Bas van Heur. Pdf