Distance Learning Course: Innovation at risk: Understanding societal controversies on new technologies
This digital course (6 ECTS) has been developed to tackle the challenging questions engendered by innovation in complex and controversial environments. It is designed to allow decision makers and professionals to manage risk in these demanding circumstances. The leading edge of risk research is incorporated into this programme; equipping participants with the skillset required to make the right decision. By the end of the course, they will:
- understand the fundamentals in dealing with uncertain risks;
- have improved their capacities to handle controversies pertaining to new technologies;
- be able to engage in trust-building rather than trust-damaging strategies
This course targets professionals dealing with innovation and risks. These include professionals involved in risk issues at European and national agencies and ministries, risk managers and decision-makers in industry, employees of NGOs dealing with or campaigning on environmental and health related risks and consultants involved in advising these actors on innovation and risk.
- The course is credited with 6 ECTS
- Participation in the course costs €800
- UM alumni and UM staff members are entitled to a discount and pay €500
- The course starts in April 2015
For more information, please use the links on the left-hand side of this page.